4437 Alton Place, NW
The second house built in 1904, for Samuel Fawcett, was at 4437 Alton Place.
Fawcett was a carpenter employed by John Simpson & Sons, the company listed on the permit as builder. This house looks quite different from others on the block, largely due to its roof style.
Fawcett was in his mid-thirties when he and his family moved into the house. The Fawcetts owned the house for sixty-six years.