4443 Alton Place, NW
In 1903 T. J. Giles purchased much of Asbury Park from Stone’s District Investment Company. Giles in turn sold some of these lots for the rest of the original houses.
In 1904 two more houses were built, the first at 4443 Alton Place for patriarch, James W.
For a time, Bernard Robey and his wife, Mary, lived here with Bernard’s father.
Mary was a member of the Tenleytown Chappell family, niece of N. Webster (Web) Chappell and Dr. John Chappell.