4900 47th Street, NW
Built in 1911, this house is a departure in style from the earlier AU Park houses.
There may have been a handful of additional houses built in the second decade of the twentieth century, but it wasn’t until the 1920s that new homes began to fill in the mostly empty blocks.
The original American University Park expanded during the twentieth century.
Builders often developed just a block or two.
In the 1930s, Cafritz Construction Company and W.C. & A.N. Miller built many of the brick colonials that are so representative of American University Park today.