4716 48th Street, NW Washington, D. C.
Samuel F. Burrows who sold land north of Murdock Mill Road for the American University Park subdivision in 1897 owned this house.
He and his brother Levi owned most of the land between Murdock Mill Road and Western Avenue.
The house is distinctive with its two front doors. It could have been built as a two family house.
The founding of American University was the catalyst for laying out a subdivision on nearby farmland.