Chesapeake House Washington, D. C.
- Year Built: 1937
At the intersection of Chespeake St., 41st Street, and Belt road stands a 2-story brick building now known as Chesapeake House.
It was built in 1937 by the Mattingly family, making it a relative late-comer to the declining Reno City community. The Mattinglys operated a store of the first floor and lived upstairs The family sold the building to the United States in 1950.
It is expected that Chesapeake House will be restored as part of a planned-unit development agreement with the developers of a mixed-use development project on Wisconsin Avenue.
This barn stood next to Chesapeake House. It has been demolished.