4428 Alton Place, NW Washington, D. C.
- Year Built: 1902
- Architect: N. Webster Chappell
- Built By: James Robey and Sons
By the time the Masonic Lodge was finished, eight of the original nine houses on Alton Place had been built.
The land for the first two was acquired from David Stone, Trustee of the District Investment Company.
The first, 4428 Alton Place, was built in 1902 by James Robey and Sons. The owner was Albert Robey, and the house was designed by N. Webster Chappell, a local man who had designed one of the new houses in American University Park in addition to many others in Tenleytown.
By 1910, Albert, a carpenter, had moved back to Virginia.