Garden Club Entrance Markers Washington, D. C.
- Year Built: 1932-1933
- Architect: Edward Donn
Between April 1932 and October 1933, pairs of stone markers, designed by architect Edward Donn and constructed of Aquia Creek sandstone, were erected at six entrances to the city.
Three pairs, and two isolated examples survive intact including the pair at Friendship Heights, located at the Northwest and Northeast corners of Wisconsin and Western Avenues.
The markers are decorated with the seal of Maryland on one side and, on the other side, a District cartouche with a bas-relief of George Washington standing with Lady Justice, a laurel wreath, rising sun and depiction of the Capitol dome.
The marker on the west side was removed during construction on the site and has been cleaned and reinstalled with a protective fence and planting.
(Listed in the DC Inventory of Historic Sites, 2008)